If you’re a STEM PhD student or recent graduate, with the DNA of an entrepreneur and a passion of starting your own business; SCIENT is the toolkit to unlock that dream;
- Meet STEM PhD graduates who have already built their own businesses
- Network with entrepreneurs, investors and consultants
- Learn how to utilise your research skills in becoming your own boss
- Participate in a week-long internship abroad, all costs covered
- Hear from special guest speakers, mentors and professional coaches
- EU Business Competition and Great Awards Pitch in front of investors
- Be one of the 20 SCIENT stars from your country
- And most of all, do it all for free.
Mario Raposo, Professor of Entrepreneurship, University Beira Interior:
STEM PhD students have great but untapped business potential. SCIENT offers them a unique learning opportunity to transfer their research findings into commercialised products or services.
If you are a STEM PhD student or graduate since 2013 with a good command of English, you can apply to be part of SCIENT. Individuals or teams can enter, but each team should have at least one PhD STEM student.
What is included?
- Fully immersive entrepreneurship training delivered over 5 days
- 20 hours of coaching
- Exposure to and connections with real entrepreneurs
- Week long internship with entrepreneurial company in UK or overseas
- 11th – 15th July 2016
- At University of Gloucestershire in Cheltenham
- Accommodation available at cost
- Download for more info or call Elaine Haines on 01242 715400