The Growth Hub in Gloucester has been open since October 2014. Things have changed a lot since then, based on your feedback and what we’ve learnt in those 3+ years of supporting businesses.
England has had a complete Growth Hub network since May 2016, with all 4.7 million businesses having access to one of the 39 Growth Hubs.
Now, the word is in on what impact Growth Hubs are having on that national stage:
- 582,815 - Businesses have engaged with Growth Hubs and/or been supported by them,
- 65,594 - Businesses receiving diagnostic & brokerage support,
- 31,834 - Individuals have engaged with them, including pre-starts and start-ups,
- 28,194 - Businesses that have received face to face support,
- 11,459 - Individuals have been helped to start a business,
- 5,060 - Mentoring or business to business relationships were created,
- 86.6% - Average Customer Satisfaction.
Businesses that have been in contact with a Growth Hub are growing faster than other businesses. Both in terms of turnover (9% compared to 2.5% on average) and employment (8% compared to 0.1%).
Businesses that had previously not contacted the national support providers has risen, with a 16.8% increase in new beneficiaries receiving interventions following the introduction of a Growth Hub within a LEP area.